The kids are back in school, which is kind of an adjustment after spending the last three-ish months being leisurely and spending time with friends. How can you make the transition easier? Throw a back-to-school bash! With these awesome tips that we’ve put together for you, you can help make your child’s school year a hit!
- Ask each parent to donate one school-related item and host a supply drive! Not all families can afford to stock their kids up on the essentials, and what better way to give back to the community than throwing a party with a cause?
- Host a backyard campout. Pitch tents, makes smores, play soccer, play a movie on the projector, go all in! Kids bond at sleepovers more than just about any other kind of get-together, and you’re guaranteed to set them up for a very social school year!
- Serve caramel apples, apple pie, make a cake that’s shaped like ruler– basically, make lots of school-themed food. Adding little touches like serving their food in brown paper bags or on trays makes the theme even more fun!
- Send little school supplies like rulers, crayons, notepads, etc. home as party favors. It’s an inexpensive way to help your child’s friends succeed in the school year, too!
- For college students try this theme: Athletes and Mathletes. Throw on your favorite jersey (or pair of suspenders) and award a prize to the best costume of the night. It’s a great way to bond with your roommates or socialize with the entire dorm!
Going back to school might mean the end of summer vacation, but it doesn’t have to end the fun! Making time for your kids to bond with their peers will make them excited for Monday morning when they get to see their friends and expand their academic horizons at the same time. Are there any tips you have for throwing the best BTS Party? We’d love to hear them!